Home Forums Health, Fitness & Beauty Help for disabled or elderly


This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Helen Solomons aka la fée Franglaise 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #73674

    Brian Cooper
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2
    • Contributions: 4
    • Explorer

    Member since
    January 23, 2017

    Could any of you learned people please give me some good advice .My wife;s health has declined over the years and now she has chronic arthritis. Her mobility is very limited and we do need some alterations done to the home.Is their some assistance available here in France like social services in UK where they can assess a persons needs and maybe help with costs or even cover some aids and alterations. We have no idea where to start we even asked the doctor he seemed none the wiser either. Could anyone point us in the right direction.


    Many thanks for any guidance.



    Helen Solomons aka la fée Franglaise
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 83
    • Contributions: 83
    • Adventurer
    • ★★

    Member since
    March 30, 2016

    two people to see – firstly your local assistante sociale (pop into the mairie and they will give you name and contact details of the one that covers your commune) and 2) your médecin traitant who can a) prescribe aids b) assess for any other financial aid in terms of ald (afflication longue durée) which would make all treament prescribed in relation to thesaid ald free of charge (and no need to pay up front) .


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

united expat normandy

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.